Ok. I know that you are all probably thinking that I am a serious blogging slacker. The truth is that I am, but I have a very good reason for it this time. I have been sleeping about 14 hours a day for the last six weeks. That and puking off and on. More off now than before, thank goodness. Anyhoo, you have guessed it. I am pregnant again with kid number last. For those of you who need a real number it is 4. yes, that sounds like a lot to me, too. At least a billion times a day I wonder what we were thinking. I am excited, don't get me wrong, but truthfully, most of the excitement will surface once I am able to unroll from the fetal position and have a clean house again. Dave has been a champ. If it wasn't for him, this wouldn't be possible. (No duh! didn't we all learn this in elemtary school?) I mean that he cooks and cleans and the kids have never had to wear dirty clothes unless they chose to and I didn't realize it. Camille is also my hero. She and Ashley have been off-track from school for the last week and a half, and she has just taken over. She makes the girls breakfast, and generally keeps everyone happy until I am able to pull myself out of bed. Thank heavens for toaster waffles.
On the note of prepared, frozen food, I have a thought. In an effort to make things a bit easier around here, I have been doing the unthinkable, purchasing frozen meals. I am sure that most of you know this, but are you aware that Stouffers Lasagna has fennel in it? I have never really liked the frozen lasagna, but I just figured that their sauce just was not as good as mine, rather chef boyardee'y. Well, with my knew heightened food pickiness sense, I picked up fennel. "Does this taste like black licorice to anyone else?" I said to the fam. Eyebrows raise. Thoughts of "now mom has truly lost it" are so clearly passed from one face to the next. What was truly baffling to me, though, was that the Stouffers has clearly never heard of basil, or oregano, or even garlic. Now, to me, these are traditional italian spices. As a matter of fact, when I look at my "italian spice" spice jar, those are the things that are in it. Not fennel. Anyway, not a big hit at my house. $10.62 wasted. Actually, we still ate it for two nights before the rest got chucked because the smell in the fridge was horrific. Well, "ate" is a term I use loosely. It was put on our plates a second night, and I think most of us ate salad. Except Dave. He has a problem with the $10.62 wasted part of the deal.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so sorry that you have been so sick. That is how every pregnancy has been for me and it is truly awful! I wish I lived closer and could bring you dinner. I can't even open the fridge when I'm pregnant. It automatically sends me hurling! Hopefully it doesn't last the entire pregnancy. By month 7 and 8, I was only getting sick 1 or 2 a week. Hope yours ends sooner than that! Love ya lots!
I had the same "reaction" to a pork roast my husband tried to cook up for me while I was pregnant. I still can't eat pork unless it is drowning in another flavor.
Congrats and hope you are feeling as normal as any woman can feel while pregnant SOON!
Congratulations!! Awesome news!
Whoa! 4 kids! What were you thinking??? Just Kidding! That's very exciting news. This time around we will NOT be pregnant at the same time.
Felicia!!! I am so excited for you -- that's fantastic news- except the being sick part - but your blog today seemed to signal some end in sight to the yuckies. I miss you. How crazy is that since we live so dang close. I should've been taking care of you during all the sickness - I'm a good cleaner you know. Let's be friends! :) Unless you already have enough friends that is... :) Love you!!!!!!!
Post a Comment